I have a love/hate relationship with Wednesdays. Some weeks, Wednesday is a positive day. It signals that I am halfway through my work week. Other weeks, the arrival of Wednesday makes me feel down because it is just a reminder that my work week is only halfway over. I think I am having a positive Wednesday this week, so that is something to be thankful for!
To help motivate me at work, I sometimes like to list a few wishes that have been on my mind (whether important or trivial), or search the web and read. These wishes of mine do not always come true, and I do not always do anything beyond reading an article, but this exercise makes me thankful for what I have, and inspires me to work hard to achieve what I want.
Here are a few things I am wishing for this Wednesday:
- 1 in 5 children live in poverty. I read this article the day it was posted, and I still cannot get it off my mind. I wish that everyone could always have the food, water, clothing, and shelter they need.
- This feature on Karen Nyberg is so interesting. What a great example for young girls who want to become an astronaut!
- I wish I could have this balloon wall in my house 24/7.
- I wish that I could always make things better for others when times are tough.
- If only I had the talent and the metabolism to make and eat this cake!